Since its establishment in 1957, Stetson has grown into one of the most distinguished and recognized water rights consulting firms in California. The majority of Stetson’s work over the years has been directly or indirectly related to water rights issues. We provide expert consultation and expert witness testimony on all aspects of water rights to federal, state, and local agencies; public and private clients; and Indian tribes throughout the western United States. Stetson also serves as watermaster and provides watermaster support services for stream systems and groundwater basins in northern and southern California.
- Quantification of Surface and Groundwater Rights
- Preparation of Appropriative Water Rights Applications
- Water Supply Availability Analyses
- Subflow and Percolating Groundwater Determinations and Delineation
- Historical Water Use Analyses to Support Pre-1914 Water Rights Claims (California)
- Determinations of Injury or Potential Injury Resulting from Another’s Actions
- Assisting Water Users with Filing Water Rights Reports Required by the California State Water Resources
- Control Board (Statements of Diversion and Use, Reports of Permittee, and Reports of Licensee)
- Consultation on Water Measurement and Water Meter Installations
- Expert Witness Testimony to Support All Water Rights Investigations and Analyses
Since 1957, Stetson has provided innovative solutions to water resource issues.
San Gregorio Creek Watermaster