The Stinson Beach County Water District (Coastal Marin County, California) has been a client of Stetson since 2001. Stetson serves as the district’s water engineer for all of its water supply, demand, and planning studies. Stetson also prepared the design plans and specifications and provided construction management for the district’s potable Water Treatment Plant Replacement Project (completed 2011). Design and construction of the district’s new water treatment plant was particularly challenging, in that the old plant (a conventional filtration plant) had to remain in operation during construction of the new plant and could not be taken out of service until the new plant was tested and operating successfully. The new water treatment plant building was designed on a foundation of concrete piers and partially constructed into a hillside to optimize site restrictions. The district’s new water treatment plant utilizes two Pall Aria AP-3 Water Treatment Systems (pressure membrane microfiltration) by Pall Corporation. Stetson assisted the district during start up of the new plant and worked with the district to obtain approval from the Department of Public Health to place the new plant on-line.
Stetson’s work for the District has included:
- Potable Water Treatment Plant Replacement Project (planning, permitting, design, plans, specifications, bidding, and construction management);
- New Water Well Project (planning, permitting, design, plans and specifications, and construction management);
- Raw Water Tanks Replacement Project (planning, permitting, design, plans and specifications, and construction management);
- Anchorage Improvements and Coating Project for Potable Water Tanks (design, plans and specifications, and construction management);
- Copper Corrosion Control Treatment System for an existing water well;
- Water Supply and Demand Management Options Report;
- Urban Water Management Plan;
- Ongoing Creek Flow Monitoring Program, Including Equipment Installations; and
- Miscellaneous Other Plans for Pipelines, Pipe Bridges, and Culvert Repairs.